Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Labor Dat part II

I had a little more success at this car show. For those who may not have read my prior post, I went for a walk with the Audubon Society. Wanted to see if I could take a couple pics of some of the fauna flying through the area and compare a couple of lenses, one I own, the other I am considering. Have a look at that post.

I found out about a car show at a local church, so the camera dragged me over to it. I really like the Avery Creek UMC car show. They have been sponsoring a show for the last few years and it has been getting better and better every year.

The truth is, I have gone to many car shows over the past while, but this one is really good and growing. They pull in a bunch of cars—like around 20—(They are beginning to get more cars than they can reasonable accommodate). Yet the quality and diversity of automobile is better than most. I have to say that not only do they have a fantastic show of cars, but at the same time, on the same day, they offer  a community kitchen which helps so many people in the area. the logistics much be daunting.

Thank you, Avery Creek United Methodist Church.

So now we go to the cars which were there.


Like I said a minute ago, I saw some really fine cars and I wish I had been able to spend as much time on each one as I wanted too. But here are a few that really stood out.

Now here is a seies of a black Ford.


 The whole enginge in really Great...


 Yet this detail of the block really shows the Care which was given when rebuilding it!!


I should have taken more time with this one. After thinking about it, I bet he could have given a lot more character to  the story behind it's history.


Mr Pruit has spent a lot of stuff trying to make this Ford perfect. I think he has.




I spent a "minute" trying to figure out if I should post thse one..
Our Flag on this land mark Vehicle finally made me realize that of course I should--even though the images could be better.



The story behind this series almost brought a tear to my eye...
 Check out the date on the sticker and sale receipt 

 A wife who lost her husband...left to time...in the garage....
so true.
So timeless


An old Ford...
Does anyone out there know what it is?
Please share

Finally, I took a couple pics of this guys car, but the truth is I did not really capture it's very essence. But this guy came by and asked me to take one of his 'Vette and him. Good lookin' guy.. awsome car!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description