Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day week end Part 1

Aw, Labor Day weekend is upon us, and by the time I get this proofed and posted, past us. So much going on this weekend, most of it family related business and more relaxing things too. Actually this afternoon, I plan on smoking some beef bones and later cooking them on the grill for supper. Yummy! I am not sure what else we will be having, but who cares really, right???

I had heard about the Audubon Society having walks at various parks and found one which was going to happen at Beaver Lake and decided to check it out. So, my weekend stated out on Friday by going to Ball Photo and renting a lens which I am interested in. 

It is the Canon 70-300mm. I want to compare it to my current long lens the 75-300mm I thought the Audubon walk would be a good time to do it. The truth is, the walk seemed to me to be a bit of a bust. About all we saw were a bunch little guys and only fleeting glimpses at that.

Well, not exactly. We did see two Great Blue Herons, a Kingfisher on the hunt and 2 Green Herons. But, they were too far for me to get a good picture. I did, however see a huge spider and her web and managed to get a picture of it. I think it came out pretty good. What do you think?



About that lens comparison, you ask? The Green Heron we saw did land kinda close to us, so I took a couple of it with both lenses. Also, I took some test shots, with the rental lens only, of a Great Blue Heron at Lake Julian which I’ll post here.  


So have a look and let me know what you think.

this one is with the rental lens


And this one is with my 75-300 lens


Can you see a difference? If you do, please explain.

Thanks, olc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description