Sunday, April 9, 2017

Thoughts from the car show at WNC Ag

I had my camera bag in the van, just in case i wanted to use anything more then the 24-105, but I wanted to be light while in the Ag center. Making a cake and eating it can be pie too much sometimes. (Now you know why I still use the Moniker, Chefneil.) It is a good thing that I had those back ups, because I was outside and getting the Sigma 17-35 within 10 minutes of entering the space!

Fluorescent lights that were to far from anything to be any help! Even thought 24-105 has IS, it was still not enough to do any good. On the brighter side, those guy who have spent so much time, energy and cash to make their  rides special sure do like it when a guy with a big camera and lens asks them a question!

Yeah, I know it is funny or strange, but it would have been nice if I could have had some way to carry a flash and extra lens with out lugging around a back pack. I saw a couple of guys using some kind of fanny pack...but really??? A fanny pack? I finally broke down and just put the backpack on  and forgot about it.

I tried using one of my flashes with the Gary Fong tupperware thing. It helped a little. But, I finally just took it off and bounced all over the place. I still need to learn how lights works. Getting into the hoods of some of the older cars is hard without having harsh over and under exposure and shadows Fuck-ups!

I know I could have taken really nice images of I had time to set up a lighting arrangement. One light here, another over there at .5 power, still another to compensate from for shadows  created by the other two.

I have seen that it can be done, I just need to discover how!

Patience is the most important lesson I relearned. I had to wait for people to get out of the shot. Some knew they were in the way amd did not care,while others had no clue of anything else but what they saw. On the other hand, lots of the folk would wait for me to take my shot, then go by.

Then I went outside and tried taking pics of a white painted motorcycle. I almost burnt out the sensor of the 7D!

In all, it was a cool time, with a few really good shots. Now if only I could bend the light the way I see it before hitting the shutter!!!

olc

P.S. Now if you have read this far go ahead and look further own and see the pics I took there.!!
olc


P.S. Maybe the most important lesson learned it to take better notes on each of the pics taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description