Monday, April 10, 2017

What sex is it any how?


We had the privilege to go to my friends' gender reveal party last night. I have been shooting Ashley for some time now. Actually, she is the first model I have ever worked with. We have developed a good relationship, she knows that I will never ask to her to do anything she is not ready for and she does anything thing I ask.

Trust, such a beautiful thing.

Well, she has found a man, Jason, who has given her a child(we cannot say, "GIRL or Boy" yet. They really seem to be wonderful together. The other day they found out what gender the child will be child will be, a BOY or Girl and they wanted to celebrate. I was lucky to have a camera and an invite.

Unlike most shoots, I brought my wonderful Runtyun as an assistant. She was a great help and did not need to be prompted when I put the camera down, she took it up and got some really good shots.

Now what did I learn during this fun time?

When we first arrived at the house, I learned where the main event was gong to happen and metered for it and made the appropriate notes. When people started arriving I just started shooting like a street scene and got some nice shots. There is one of Jason and Ashley sitting and loving each other that may bring tears to those overly emotional types. It is below.

It finally came time to shoot some darts into balloons to reveal-Girl or boY. Honestly, this was the most exciting time of the party. I must have taken over a hundred shots! When the grand climax for the party came along, the lighting had changed!, so I had to re-meter the light and take a deep breat. 

It finally came down to two balloons and Jason and his brother shooting. Jason threw the deciding dart. And it was.............

To be continued...............



olc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description