Sunday, February 18, 2018

Week 3 in 365 Project

We actually got some kind of grin out of Dad for this shot. While The Runtyun allowed a rare picture with her in it. And Martha relaxed enough to get a nice smile through. As for me, you asked? This is a good representation cause, I am always a little out of focus. lol!
This is a broche I found, it measures around one inch. I had to get really close to get this.  
 When in doubt, I can almost always get one of Da Brat. This one is in the basement rafters, a fav place for him while I am playin' 'round in the basement.
 Now this one is a 10 inch Brass Cormorant. I started out trying to get a full image, but as I got closer, the beak began to stand out. I wanted to see what kind of focus I could.  I really like the detail in the eye and the way the beak wanders out of focus. What do you think?
Do you see the way the candle is lit from the inside thus throwing a little yellow against the wall. Maybe I should have used a darker room top bring out the highlights. 
 I was too tired to do anything really imaginative, but needed to get some kind of image...
 I have wanted a sturdy studio tripod and after a bunch of searching found this movie style tripod. It is heavy, which is good and the center column rises as much as 16 inches, I think. The thing is supposed to hold an 18 Lb camera, so my 6D and heavy lenses will be no problem for it. But the best thing about this tripod is the price. I asked some people on a Photo site what they recommended for studio work and they made a bunch of great suggestions. However, some of the suggestions went as high as $2000...way out of the field for a wannabe amateur.

So, here are my photos for the 3rd week of the photo challenge. Please leave a comment. Your comments, when they come, are always welcome.

olc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description