Monday, February 5, 2018

Week One of my Picture-A-Day 365 Project!

I have started a Picture-A-Day Project! 

For those who do not know what it is, here we go! Basically, I take at least one picture every day and make sure that it is fairly good. The point behind the project is to get in the habit of having a camera with me at all times and use it. Also, this should be a wonderful learning experience. 

We will see.

So, what do you think about this first batch? I started the Challenge on the 1st of the month, so of course there are only 4 in this week’s posting. Starting next week I’ll post 1 image per day for the whole week. Each picture has its own story and I’ll put a little description in the body of the text and maybe a little caption.




To start with, the first pic is of a jet flying out of AVL Regional Airport. I bought a Sigma 100mm-400mm zoom lens and have been trying to get a good shoot of planes leaving and arriving. So, on the first day I had a moment of free time at a park close to the airport. Of the ten images I made, this is the best. Do you see the amber light in the middle of the letter “m”? It showed up in all of the Americana Eagle images I made. I am not sure what it is? Any ideas? I'll bet maybe my friend who was an USAF mechanic may have an idea.




I have been going through my parents things trying to catalog the more interesting ones. I am creating a Family Photo Catalog. I’ll bet lots of people have done the same thing. And this is my version. (BTW, I think a lot of the 356 Project will have images of this sort. Not only does it consume a good bit of my time, but I enjoy taking close up and still life.) It is a tie clip which was My Father's Grand Father, Leland.



Aw, Nova the beautiful Black cat my wonderful Runtyun brought into our house! She is a singularly difficult animal to photograph. She has such shiny black fur which makes her mostly a black blur, except for those beautiful green eyes. She was able to go outside on this day, so I had an opportunity and took it. Honestly, I wish the green watering can was not in the shot, but maybe it works to offset her eyes. I dunno. What do you think?



And the last is of an owl carved out of some kind of wood. During its travels he lost one of his eyes. I’ll  keep my eyes out looking for a replacement, for now we have a one eyed pirate owl. Maybe I should rig an eye patch for it? If any one out there has any suggestions for a replacement eye please let me know.

So this is the first installment of the 365 Project, lets look forward to 51 more!


olc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description