Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 5 during Picture a Day Project

We had lunch with Mom at the VA in Black Mountain. She was really happy. Pizza is a treat!

The lens was about 2 inches from this key. I love the detail a macro lens can pull out of an image.

I was really tired after working and could not find anything to take a picture of. Then The Runtyun came home. Too bad I am still learning how to use the ETTL feature on the flash! However, after I took this picture, I figured out that I should shoot in fully Manual Mode and let the flash figure out how much light it should create. 
Still I kinda like the dreamy quality of this image.

I know it is one picture-a-day. But I learned an interesting lesson with the two shots. The first one is using the ambient light from the "studio" lighting inside the light tent.

The second is the same lighting and camera set up, except I used that flash (the one with ETTL) for fill light.
Wow what a difference!
Which one do you like better?

And then there is pretty Nova. I am getting better with that flash. This image is one of the first where we can see details of this very difficult animal to photograph.

          On Friday, I did take a picture of something, I forget what though. Unfortunately, I deleted it. I was trying a new workflow, but it failed and so did the image.

I was out in the backyard and this precocious beast escaped the porch. She had a walkabout. Then looked at me and posed. I especially like the way the sun highlights her lustrous fur.



         So, there is it another week, another week completed in this project. Please leave a comment. It is pretty easy, just click on the comment window.

Later! olc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description