Sunday, March 25, 2018

Week #8 in the Photo-a-Day thing!!!

From the back yard.

I went out and bought this egg with a stand because I am woking on learning about light and how it effects the subject.

Then I got the Sphere. It turns out white balls are the best way to see how shadows change with the angle of the light source. Here is a series with the main light source at many different angles.

Light is at 11 o'clock.

Around 10 o'clock 

Around 9 o'clock

The most obvious thing we see is the shadow on the table. What I was looking for however, was the way the light was reflected from the sphere. In all these cases the highlight is on the left and the dark side (Shadow)is toward the bottom and right. The way the light progresses across the top through the bottom was this part of the lesson.
There will be more!
At 8 o'clock.

And then it snowed the day before Spring started!

Mallard at Beaver Lake. It was the middle of the morning-not such a great time to take a photo- however, I like the way the light shifts from too harsh to pretty nice.

My stand by place if I have a few minutes between deliveries is just outside the airport. A Marine    C-131 landing at AVL.

A wild turkey here in the neighborhood.


We have another week in the can. I hope enjoyed it and please leave a comment(Start a trend!)


olc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadduya'think. Please leave a comment about my picture or description